Factory simulation is about visualizing how things could work in the real world. That is, you are working toward one or more solutions. One solution might be integrating robots into a manufacturing process. Another solution might be creating project proposals for selling products. Finally, you might want to improve what you are doing and use simulation to achieve that.
These solutions do not have to take a lot of time, require subject-matter expertise, nor be difficult. You can simulate many different aspects of industry using a library of ready-made components executing sequences of tasks.
In this course, you learn how to simulate simple and complex processes using components in the Works library.
You will learn how to do the following:
- Build layouts for manufacturing, robotic, and logistics type operations
- Create tasks and improve both process logic and performance
- Assign tasks to resources and optimize their utilization
- Sync and coordinate workflows
- Monitor and report turnaround time
- Plan and route products using rules and steps
- Pick and place products
- Load and unload pallets as well as machines
- Execute push and pull strategies
- Use forklifts, and other types of equipment and tools
- Deliver products using mobile robots and drones