Python API can be used to control robots during a simulation. For example, you can write a component script that executes subroutines in a robot program for picking and placing parts at different locations. That, of course, would not require you to execute the entire robot program. You can create subroutines for tasks dynamically and automate robot motions using scripts and helper libraries.
In this tutorial you learn how to:
- Control the actions of a robot during a simulation with a script.
- Call subroutines in a robot program.
- Move and drive robot joints.
- Use helper libraries to record and automate robot routines.
- Control a robot from a different component.
Software Version: 4.0.2
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Getting Started
- Call Subroutines
- Move Joints
- Pick Stationary Parts
- Pick Moving Parts
- Place Parts
- Pick Parts from Pallet
- Record Routines
- Place Parts in Pattern